Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bridget


Although Audrey is my favorite girl, Bridget is the one that got me into cycling.  I bought her at a silent auction while I attended Cal Poly.  If people locked there bikes to objects other than bike racks (i.e. trees) the campus police would cut the lock and confiscate the bike for the owner's "protection."

Unfortunately, after I bought her and the initial tune-up performed by Pacific Coast Cyclery she sat around for a couple of years unused.  That is until the spring of last year when I moved back to Carlsbad and was able to start bike commuting to work.  What started as a commuter quickly became my full time bike until I was given Audrey.

After spending the winter driving to work, I have finally started to bike commute again.  A thousand miles ago I did not really understand the differences between Audrey and Bridget, but now I do, especially when it comes to gearing.  Hills that I power up on the Bianchi I now spin up, and the handling is different to.  But that could be due to the Bridgestone not being fit to me.

What does the future hold for her.  I am not sure, but I think I need to at least fit her to me so that my commute time is more comfortable.

P.S. thank you to Sheldon Brown for the catalog cut.  You can find it at here.

No comments: